Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Somehow I keep going on just settling for this mediocrity."

-Idina Menzel (Fool Out Of Me lyrics)

We all know her. The one who never speaks, the one who stands by the wall in parties, assuming that is, she gets invited to any. We all have her scribble furiously into a journal, hum eccentric songs, talk about think that seemed petty and monotonous, all of us regardless of whether we accredited the verity have a degree familiarity with her. She is in every B- grade teen romantic comedy movie, but the banal ending of her getting taken out of social obscurity by her love interest (typically the school’s ‘it’ guy) is not viable in genuine everyday life. This girl remains indiscernible to the common eye and continues on at her status on the societal hierarchy.

I am the living embodiment of that cliché. I’m not trying to give you the erroneous notion that we are sad and despondent, I would never wish to be an insipid, egotistical, and vain cheerleader, a wasted and happy go lucky, burnout with no future ahead of myself, or a austere, markedly studious, and disheartened nerd with nothing but unfeasible self manufactured expectations to achieve. No, I am much happier blending in than becoming a vile stereotype. But I hate feeling confined to my own intolerable penitentiary. We all, like it or not, have been cast into roles, a label has been put over all of us, labels that we can not shake as hard as we attempt to. We are all tagged then set aside as the incessant gossip waves, the immaterial meltdowns, the pushes and pulls of conformity, the calamity of heartbreak, the elations of manifested joy and all of the trivial things that make up our adolescent years take first hand to us and our lives and tribulations. But as I stated that’s just dynamism of each day and we continue to roll on.

So to make this as concise as possible, my name is Kate, I am a self proclaimed socially gauche wallflower and in an effort to feel somewhat significant these are my ratings and social commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment